Lake Wildwood, California
Lake Wildwood Real Estate: Lake Wildwood is a gated community surrounded by oaks and redwoods. Homes here range from small chalets to golf course or lakefront beauties.
Lake Wildwood: Lake Wildwood is a gated community in the scenic Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California. Nearly 3,000 private homes are in a lush, wooded setting on a large and beautiful lake.
History: In the mid-1960s, the Boise Cascade Company, anticipating the housing explosion to come, bought up large tracts of land to develop. Several thousand acres were purchased in the Penn Valley along Deer Creek, and the creek was dammed to form Lake Wildwood. The development consists of over 3,000 acres around Lake Wildwood and includes an 18-hole golf course. The clubhouse and public areas of the development include tennis courts with pro shop and patio, swimming pool, children’s wading pool, marina with fuel, boat slips for property owners, lifeguard at the swimming beach, and five parks for residents – four with sand beach, restaurant, bar and meeting rooms. The tightly-knit community now hosts over 40 special interest clubs to keep property owners occupied and engaged in their favorite activities. Picnic facilities are provided at all parks. The quiet streets in this gated community are safe for bicycling and walking, and other activities are just a short trip away.
The Lake:Lake Wildwood is an all-sports lake and is popular with water-skiers. Residents and their guests enjoy tubing, pontooning, power boating, canoeing and kayaking. The lake is known to be an excellent bass lake, offering largemouth bass, bluegill and catfish.
Golf At Lake Wildwood
Annual Member Golf Fees as of 2017
75 Rounds: $1200
Unlimited Rounds: $1400
Members 9 Holes: $22 18 Holes: $32
Guests 9 Holes: $32 18 Holes: $47
Cart (Per Player) 9 Holes: $7 18 Holes: $12
Twilight Golf-After 3pm (Except Friday)
Members 9 Holes: $14 18 Holes: $20
Guest 9 Holes: $20 18 Holes: $30
Cart (Per Player) 9 Holes: $6 18 Holes: $10
Member Owned Cart Fee
$400 Per Year- Unlimited Usage
No Monthly Minimum Purchase Requirements in New Clubhouse
Annual HOA Dues 2016- $2287
- 18-hole golf course designed by William F. “Billy” Bell
- Pro Shop with lounge and full-service bar
- Private lake for boating, swimming, fishing, wakeboarding and water-skiing
- 24-hour security staff
- Lighted tennis courts
- Pool with lap lane, snack bar and new locker rooms
- Parks with beaches, picnic areas and 2 pavillions
- Community Center featuring beautiful meeting rooms, kitchen and wireless Internet
- A wide variety of clubs and classes, including art, exercise, and adult education
- Live concerts and other events
- Clubhouse and restaurant are temporarily currently being redesigned and will reopen in 2016
You’ll want to call Lake Wildwood your new home!